EP Ecology is seeking to employ a skilled senior grade ecologist to help deliver a growing workload of projects throughout Central Scotland.
Salary: £33,000-£36,000 p/a
Hours: 40 hours per week + TOIL / OT (to be discussed – p/t options are available)
Based: Based in the EP Ecology Office within High Blantyre with home working and flexible working hours.
Start date: April 2024 (to be discussed)
About the Company
Founded in June 2020 as a “one man band”, EP Ecology has continued to grow and we are looking to expand our pool of ecologists to assist with project delivery. We work across a broad range of sectors from energy to transport and commercial property to residential dwellinghouses. Our work covers the length and breadth of Scotland from our base at the Hamilton International Technology Park in High Blantyre, South Lanarkshire. We take on projects as both direct award from clients and as sub-consultants to larger companies.
The company is committed to the highest standards of ecological practice and have been granted Registered Practice Status by CIEEM. Furthermore, EP Ecology offsets carbon emissions through a carbon capture scheme. EP Ecology also operates a management system accredited to ISO9001, 14001, and 45001.
About the Role
Our ideal candidate will be a motivated ecologist who is keen to take the next step in their career. As a smaller consultancy, our team aren’t pigeon-holed and get the opportunity to work on both a wide variety of projects and species groups. As a bat licence holder, the successful candidate will take on all elements of bat consultancy, including roost assessments, leading nocturnal surveys, and acting as ecological clerk of works.
As a senior staff member within the team, your role will include elements of all aspects of projects, from tendering, project management, junior staff mentorship, report authoring, and report reviewing.
This role will require:
- Minimum full membership of CIEEM;
- NatureScot Bat licence holder and competence leading on bat surveys and reporting;
- Competence in PEA, EcIA, and protected species surveys;
- Full UK drivers licence and access to own vehicle;
- Experience of acting as Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW);
- Knowledge of Scottish planning system including planning policy and species survey/impact assessment guidance;
- Understanding of the risks and hazards associated with outdoor working and remote working;
- Willingness to stay away from home as required;
- The right to work in the UK;
- A genuine enthusiasm for conservation and outdoor working; and
- The ability and confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
Candidates with any of the following are particularly welcome:
- A degree in a relevant ecological field;
- Expertise and licenses in any of the following areas: great crested newt, birds including schedule 1, and higher-level botany;
- Experience as named ecologist on protected species derogation licenses;
- CSCS Card Holder (ecologist);
- First aid trained;
- Off-road driver qualification;
- Health and safety qualifications;
- Tree climbing and aerial rescue qualification; and
- Competence with QGIS/QField.
- Flexible working time and patterns;
- 28 days annual leave (with opportunity to purchase more);
- Unlimited discretionary training budget; and
- Professional memberships paid.
How to Apply
Closing date and time for this role is: 17:00 on Friday 19th January 2024.
EP Ecology are specialist providers of bespoke ecological consultancy solutions throughout Scotland.
Get in touch today for a free, no-obligations discussion about your project.